Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Stupid Flu

Sorry Vegan MoFo. I've missed a few days of blogging as of late and I suspect I'll miss more on this last week of the challenge. I'm not cooking anything and my brain isn't working well enough to come up with a creative post about food when I'm not really eating anything except hot tea with lemon.

I'm about 70% sure it's H1N1 (that's just because about 70% of those tested for the flu last week had H1N1 vs. other versions of the flu). They say the symptoms are about the same, but I've never had an illness knock me on my ass like this one (Except I haven't really gotten the season flu in a few years, so I don't have much to compare it to).

So the purpose of this post is really to complain and to make excuses.
I'm ssssssssssseeeeeeeuuuuuukkkkkkk. :( :( :(
My head hurts. My fever fluctuates between 100.3 and 101.7. I've got chills. My belly hurts if I eat. My nose is stuffy. My cough is deep in my chest and makes every bone in my body ache. Doing anything means I need a nap 10 minutes later. I might be getting an ear infection to top it off.

On the upside, I did invent a fashionable new scarf that doubles as a handkerchief. Mike seems to think that the idea of wearing one's hanky around the neck won't be popular, but it sure is handy. And keeps your neck warm during the chills. Sure, it's a little gross, but when you're sick like this, going to be gross anyways. Mine is made from long scraps of fabric out of my sewing bag- I ran out of actual hankies. I'll spare ya'll a picture!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear. Hope you feel better! And I'm impressed that even during your time of illness you've managed to be creative and come up with your scarfkerchief. Or whatever. Heh.

aTxVegn said...

Oh, I'm so sorry! My son had H1N1 and I had to practically carry him to the car to get him to the doctor. My nephew had it too. Both said they were so achey it was like going thru the most intense workout ever. Fortunately it doesn't last too long. Feel better soon and take care!

The Voracious Vegan said...

I am SO sorry you are sick! Although you did make me laugh with your description of your neck hanky. Honestly, that is so something I would do. I hope you feel better SOON!

Sophia said...

I never did get the test but I think I've had it as well, It's been almost a month and I still am not back up my usual energy levels. Just like you said, it knocked me on my ass like nothing else has and it just feels "different". I hope you feel better soon!
http://whatyourmommadidntknow.blogspot.com/

Fresh from the Source said...

I had H1N1 last June and commend you for being able to blog at all. May you feel better soon.