Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Best Dinner I Could Imagine Eating Right Now


I'm not sure I could love my dinner any more than I'm loving it now.
Thankfully, I seem to have recovered from the flu. Tonight I got my appetite back!

This dinner took all of about 10 minutes to make and includes some of my favorite things! I mean, olives with cherries with sausages with squash with balsamic vinegar with pasta with spinach? How could that not be good?

I should note that the olives I prefer are the cured black olives with Herbs de Provence from the Mississippi Market deli. But I suppose you could use any olives you like. And I used my homemade chunky cherry jam, but I'm sure other cherry jam would work just fine. And if you feel like making the ravioli or sausage from scratch, more power to you. Tonight I needed a ridiculously easy dinner or I was going to stray from my usual chipper self. And you wouldn't want that, would you?

Cherry Glazed Butternut Ravioli with Sausage
serves 2

1 package Rising Moon Organic Butternut Squash Ravioli
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tofurky Italian Sausage, sliced
1/3 cup dry cured black olives
2-3 oz. fresh spinach, chopped (2 big handfuls)
2 Tbsp. cherry jam
1 Tbsp. Earth Balance margarine
Drizzle of balsamic vinegar

Boil water and cook frozen ravioli according to package directions. In a heavy skillet, heat the olive oil and add the sliced sausage. When the sausage has browned on both sides, add the olives and chopped spinach. Cook just until spinach is wilted, then remove from heat and add in the cherry jam, Earth Balance and balsamic vinegar. Stir until the jam and margarine have fully melted and formed a sauce. Then add the cooked and strained ravioli and stir to coat the pasta. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Catherine Weber said...

OOOOHHHH . . . sweet-salty-savory goodness! Why wasn't I invited again?? ;)

Jenna said...

woah- this sounds amazingly good! all those flavors are faves of mine!

Woobie is Vegan said...

This looks tasty! I never thought about adding cherry to ravioli - I'll definitely need to try this!

Eileen said...

heck yeah! that looks so delicious, with the cherries and olives together...I can't even imagine how it tastes!