Saturday, October 10, 2009

Garden Tally

As sad as I am to be clearing out part of the garden, it means that it's time for me to total up how much I've harvested from the garden...And I love a good spreadsheet.

I'm pleased to announce that so far I've harvested 193 lbs. of produce from the garden! (193.059 to be exact)

The cucumbers and tomatoes weighed in pretty heavy this year, with nearly 27 lbs. of cukes and over 126 pounds of tomatoes! Of course, 30 of those tomato pounds are in the form of green tomatoes that I harvested last night. I'll let some ripen on the counter top and some will probably be made into salsa.

There's still kale, beets and carrots to harvest, but I think the carrots were a flop this year. I peeked a little bit a month ago and didn't see much orange under there. We'll see.

Right now I'm going to go nurse my allergic self. I decided that I'd clean out the garage and my car today, but really should have worn some sort of H1N1 flu respirator type thing to keep all the dust out of my face. I'm paying for it now. But at least my car and garage are clean(er)!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy schmoley, that is one successful garden! Isn't it totally bizarre to think that all 193 pounds of food has been (or will be) eaten? Although, I'm sure if I weighed all the food I eat over the course of several months, it might be pretty similar. Weird! -Eve

Jen Treehugger said...

That's an amazing amount of fresh home grown produce. Way to go you and your garden.
:)

Pearl said...

I love that you would track that.

aTxVegn said...

Awesome. And totally jealous.