Saturday, October 25, 2008

Spiral Diner

I'm having a great time with my family in Texas- so getting to visit the Spiral Diner in Dallas was icing on the cake.  I'm sorry my pictures aren't in chronological order or even right-side up.  I'm not used to my mom's computer!

Here's what my friend Brandon and I ate:

Cookie Sundae: A warm chocolate chip cookie with homemade chocolate ice cream, whipped "cream" and chocolate syrup.  


This is me trying to get my mouth around the giant sandwich I ordered!



This is Brandon's sandwich- I think it was the chopped seitan sandwich- it had pickles on it.  Hot pickles.  


This is my "Texas style" steak sandwich.  Seitan, peppers, onions, barbecue sauce- yum!
We started the meal off with Blue Sky sodas on tap (I had Dr. Becker) and chips and guacamole.  This was the first of the many guacamoles I've had on this visit.


Tomorrow I'll review a couple of new (to me) vegan ice creams!



6 comments:

Zoey said...

Hi Liz,

Wow, everything looks so good. I am especially drawn to the Cookie Sundae, that looks awesome.

Anonymous said...

Did you go to the one in FW or Dallas? I keep meaning to go to the one in Dallas but it's so far away from me! (I live in Denton)

Anonymous said...

Aww I really have to visit there while I"m in the states because everything looks amazing!

Megan said...

Oh man. Now I want a giant sandwich.

aTxVegn said...

Yum! Looks like your Texas style sandwich was Texas size as well!

Alicia said...

I'm salivating, they look so awesome! I would like to try to replicate yours, and maybe I will! :-)