Friday, November 9, 2007

A VeganMoFo Survey

I love lists and surveys. Anyone who knows me knows that at any given point I have at least 4 lists going, for work, home, goals, recipes, etc. So here's a list of questions that I will answer and that you should answer, too. At the very least it could count as your VeganMoFo posting and it's way better than the "when's the last time you puked from boozing" quizzes on Myspace.

1. Favorite non-dairy milk?
Rice Dream original enriched mixed 1/2 and 1/2 with Blue Diamond original Almond Breeze. Perfect! Not too thin and ricey, not too almondy.

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?
Seitan and dumplings
Tamales
Butterbean and rutabaga soup

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?
Flax oil, nutritional yeast, salt, and coarse ground black pepper. (But I'm a big fan of flax oil, red pepper flakes, and garlic salt, too.)

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?
I think it was a chai or eggnog cheesecake and I didn't puree the tofu long enough. It was chunky and runny and looked like vomit. Luckily it somehow tasted good enough for Mike and the kids to enjoy.

5. Favorite pickled item?
jalapeƱos or okra

6. How do you organize your recipes?
I don't. I write them on scraps of paper and shove them in notebooks to deal with someday. I want Mastercook, though. I think it will save me.

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?
Compost unless the dog is really annoying. Then she eats all my scraps.

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?
kale, soybeans, brown rice. I'm hoping I'd somehow be able to make miso with some sea salt from the ocean, too.

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?
Meemaw making cream of potato soup for me. Mom making guacamole on Sundays.

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?
So Delicious Peanut Butter Zigzag. No question.

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?
Food processor

12. Spice/herb you would die without?
Cumin or thyme.

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?
Laurel's Kitchen.

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?
Real homemade concord grape. or jalapeƱo!

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?
vegan cupcakes or cookies will always win them over!

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?
Seitan! With tempeh as the next runner up.

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?
Dinner/late afternoon

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?
sourdough culture, kids toys that have been confiscated, and a big aluminum pan that's good for carrying cupcakes.

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.
kale, popsicles, spud puppies

20. What's on your grocery list?
oatscreme, wheat gluten, basmati rice, masa harina, butterbeans

21. Favorite grocery store?
The co-op! Miss Market, Seward, or Wedge

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.
Mom's Chess Squares. Pretty much every ingredient isn't vegan.

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?
FatFreeVegan
VeganYumYum
Vive le Vegan!

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?
Green and Black's mint chocolate or Sunspire's chocolate coconut thing that's like a mounds bar.

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?
I didn't buy it, but I really want a gourmet salt sampler...but it's $114 on amazon. I just can't justify that.




Below is a blank list of the questions for you to copy and paste and answer on your blog. Post a comment so I know to read yours!

1. Favorite non-dairy milk?

2. What are the top 3 dishes/recipes you are planning to cook?

3. Topping of choice for popcorn?

4. Most disastrous recipe/meal failure?

5. Favorite pickled item?

6. How do you organize your recipes?

7. Compost, trash, or garbage disposal?

8. If you were stranded on an island and could only bring 3 foods...what would they be (don't worry about how you'll cook them)?

9. Fondest food memory from your childhood?

10. Favorite vegan ice cream?

11. Most loved kitchen appliance?

12. Spice/herb you would die without?

13. Cookbook you have owned for the longest time?

14. Favorite flavor of jam/jelly?

15. Favorite vegan recipe to serve to an omni friend?

16. Seitan, tofu, or tempeh?

17. Favorite meal to cook (or time of day to cook)?

18. What is sitting on top of your refrigerator?

19. Name 3 items in your freezer without looking.

20. What's on your grocery list?

21. Favorite grocery store?

22. Name a recipe you'd love to veganize, but haven't yet.

23. Food blog you read the most (besides Isa's because I know you check it everyday). Or maybe the top 3?

24. Favorite vegan candy/chocolate?

25. Most extravagant food item purchased lately?

26. Make up your own question to put here (and answer it).

27 comments:

Carla said...

Liz, I'm so list ready I have my blog posts planned for over the weekend. I will do you list of questions as my monday post! Have a look then!

Tami said...

Great post, Liz! What a cool idea. I'm going to fill it out, too. Thanks!

Veggie said...

Great idea Liz, I just posted your survey on my blog.

VeganMoFo: A survey!

xxx said...

Cool survey :D Just finished!

Chasity said...

Hello, I know you don't know me. But I did your list. That was a great post. I love making lists. I have them all over my house. My husband said it is the virgo in me. but who knows. So great idea.

Vegan_Noodle said...

Loved your list! And the rest of your blog too! Definitely planning on using this one as a vegan mofo post. :-)

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

Thank you for the great list! I posted it to my blog, too. :)

Vegmers said...

Thanks for the great posting idea! Here's my link: VeganMoFo Survey.

Peggy said...

:) Thanks for the survey! It was fun fun fun to fill out.

Anonymous said...

I posted it to my LiveJournal. It's more a personal blog than a food blog, but if you want to read my answers, they're here.

trina said...

Paul just completed your survey. Thanks for concocting it!

IsaChandra said...

Doned!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ruby Red said...

I just did the survey too! Thanks, that was fun!

Denise Norman said...

Love your blog! I'm going to do the list today.

that chick said...

i'm in.

russ said...

hehe fun questionnaire - way more interesting than the myspace ones indeed!

Allie B said...

This was a fun survey! Here's my link:
http://aveganlife.blogspot.com

jessy said...

these are such great questions, Liz! thanks! i just posted them on my blog (i just started one last week): http://happyveganface.blogspot.com/

your blog is so inspiring! thanks for the awesome posts!

Anonymous said...

i took this survey :)

Terra said...

Hello! I filled in this survey on my blog just now:
http://terrasattva.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

We have holic gold. He gave me some holic money, he said that I could buy holic online gold, but I did not have money, then I played it all my spare time. From then on, I got some cheap holic gold. We also sell holic online money.
I did not know how to get strong, someone told me that you must have last chaos gold. He gave me some lastchaos gold, he said that I could buy last chaos gold, but I did not have money, then I played it all my spare time. From then on, I got some lastchaos money, if I did not continue to play it, I can sell cheap lastchaos gold to anyone who want.

Anonymous said...

Do you know the fiesta Gold, in the game you need the
fiesta money. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to
buy fiesta Gold, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the
fiesta online gold, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
fiesta online money. I am happy with him.
Do you know the Darkfall Gold, in the game you need the Darkfall money. it can help you increase your level. My friends always asked me how to buy Darkfall Gold, and I do not know he spend how much money to buy the Darkfall Gold, when I see him in order to play the game and search which the place can buy the
cheap Darkfall gold. I am happy with him.

Anonymous said...

Once I played 4story, I did not know how to get strong, someone told me that you must have 4story Luna. He gave me some 4story Gold, he said that I could buy 4story Luna, but I did not have money, then I played it all my spare time. From then on, I got some 4story money, if I did not continue to play it, I can sell cheap 4story Luna to anyone who want.


Once I played 4story, I did not know how to get strong, someone told me that you must have 4story Luna. He gave me some 4story Gold, he said that I could buy 4story Luna, but I did not have money, then I played it all my spare time. From then on, I got some 4story money, if I did not continue to play it, I can sell cheap 4story Luna to anyone who want.

Anonymous said...

Play rappelz and feel the power and might of rappelz money. See you in game! If yes, then the first step to buy rupees when you play Rappelz is for you. rappelz rupees of Rappelz Online Game has more functions and this Rappelz Game is a very good free game. This rappelz gold of score could go down A LOT if they choose to mess up the classes even more. I would have rated it much cheap rappelz rupees better when it was epic3.
My friends all told me that the best way to spend rohan online gold is a good way. But I could not like spending my own rohan online crone. rohan crone has many ways for us to use. When you start the Rohan Online game, your character will be level 1. I remembered that when I started playing this Rohan game with some little cheap rohan money. If you do not like upgrading level step by step, you can cost rohan gold to help your character to reach level high.

Anonymous said...

Players can help themselves and hinder their foes by picking up Runes of Magic money. Once the race card is full the race begins, with players avoiding to buy Rom Gold and magical traps. It just amazes me how cheap Runes of Magic Gold and stuff Frogster is tossing into Runes of Magic. Rom Gold which I have spent much more in this game it is necessary. Frogster continues to throw the Runes of Magic Gold all the game-play they can possibly find into Runes of Magic.
As characters gain levels, they can use the Aion KINA to fly longer, and fly faster. Different hair style, skin colors, facial fixtures and Aion china gold can also be chosen. Aion gold in the Aion if you are planning on playing in the game, then this is the portion you should read. This allows players to control the look of their Aion China kina. Further Aion chinese gold can be found in the selection of eye colors and tattoos for the characters face and body.