Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Veggies!

We've been eating some serious vegetables around here lately.  Maybe it's penance for baking a double batch of brownies and cowboy cookies in the past 2 weeks, but it sure is delicious.  

The local carrots are still rockin' my world and my favorite way to eat them is with ranch dressing.

Last night's dinner was veggie central.  I prepped shredded carrots, thin slices of cucumber, minced cilantro, minced mint, avocado slices and chopped green onions this weekend so dinner took only as long as rolling the spring rolls.  I also included some baked tofu that marinated in OJ and ginger overnight and thin rice noodles doused in the leftover marinade.

I made a whole big pile of them!

We ate every last one of these while watching curling.  I used a dipping sauce made of lime juice, Bragg's aminos, lemongrass-infused oil, and ginger.


Yum!  Next veggie fest will be the cauliflower and broccoli curry that's going in the crockpot in the morning.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your spring rolls are gorgeous! (and sound delicious!) What brand/recipe of ranch do you use? -Eve

Trinity (of haiku tofu) said...

mmm, those spring rolls look amazing!! love your veggiefest.

Kris said...

I wish I had the patience for rolling spring rolls as I love them and yours look particularly tasty! Looking forward to more on your curry - always love more crockpot recipes.

Crystal said...

Perhaps that's what I should do with the 2 avocados sitting on the counter - spring rolls!

The Blissful Chef said...

Spring rolls are my favorite! Yours are beautiful!