Friday, February 12, 2010

Make-Your-Own-Mouthwash


Like I mentioned in my last post, I'm on a really big homemade body care kit right now.  This mouthwash is super duper easy to make and doesn't use any ingredients that are weird or too hard to find- I got everything I needed at the Co-op (of course). So if you want to save a lot of money on mouthwash, give it a try!  

Peppermint-Clove Mouthwash
1/4 cup water
1 Tbsp. witch hazel (optional)
1 tsp. vegetable glycerin (optional)
1/4 tsp of baking soda
1 drop of  peppermint essential oil
1 drop of tea tree oil 
1 drop clove oil


I can't believe how awesome this stuff feels and tastes!  It's super refreshing and I can pronounce all the ingredients, unlike most mouthwashes.  The glycerin makes it taste kinda sweet and feel less drying, but isn't necessary.  It does make it feel more like conventional mouthwash, though.  Be sure to only use good quality essential oils for this.  And don't swallow!

6 comments:

Ashlie said...

That sounds neat! I like being able to pronounce the ingredients...

Kassie said...

I'm going to try this. I hate normal mouthwash because it burns. I'm excited.

Catherine Weber said...

I'm not much of a mouthwash user, but Dan loves the stuff. I'll have to bookmark your recipe for future reference!

Anonymous said...

I think I need to try and make this. :)

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

I gotta try this! I think the only required thing I'm missing is clove. and I like your bottle!

Bruce Bills said...

Your homemade mouthwash sounds cool! All ingredients that you used are natural. Maybe I'll try this soon. I hate morning breath. It smells so awful and you can't kiss your honey because of this. Before, I had a big problem with my bad breath. This was the reason why I can't court any girls before. Then, my mom advised me to go back to Hilton Head. Dentist that I trusted was the one who checked my oral health. Then, he found out that I had tooth decay and it should be extracted. Honestly, I feared extraction, but he explained to me well the process so, that time, I felt a bit comfortable. The pain of extraction didn't last and I didn't feel any pain during the operation. After that, my bad breath problem's gone! I'm so thankful and proud to say that most Hilton Head dentists are truly professional.