Sunday, January 11, 2009

FLog #3

I missed a few days of my food log.  My meals haven't been very inspired lately- I need to get my act into gear and do some cooking other than rice, beans, and bread.  

Here's what I ate today:

12 oz. smoothie (yogurt, almond butter, banana, flax seeds, maple syrup)
8 oz water

[1 hour yoga class] 

2 cups summer squash soup (homecanned)
16 oz water

1/2 cup salt and pepper cashews (so freaking good!)
1 1/2 cups  chai with soymilk

2 cups rice, tofu, kale, mushroom dish

*After eating my late second lunch/dinner I was craving something sweet really badly.  But with no baked goods and no ice cream in the house, I was forced to do something drastic.

This is chunks of banana drizzled with peanut butter and sprinkled with chocolate chips.  It was amazing.  I will probably do this again.

32 oz water

slice of whole wheat homemade bread with Earth Balance
1 cup of pinto beans 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum dessert!

Tamara said...

That looks surprisingly good! My desperation sweets fix is a spoonful of peanut butter with chocolate chips - at least yours includes fruit. :-)

allularpunk said...

your desperation dessert reminds me of some that i have from time to time... like peanut butter banana sammiches w/chocolate chips...and chocolate oatmeal. yum!

Anonymous said...

Aaah! I do that too! Banana+Peanut BUtter+ Chocolate= HEAVEN!

aimee said...

Isn't it funny how many people eat pb, chips and bananas? That's my go-to snack when I have nothing else sweet in the house! Yummy!

Steffi said...

I must do this to the lot of bananas from my veggie box!

Virginia said...

i do that with bananas ALL the time. super simple dessert to kill the craving. i also tell myself that it is healthy because i am eating a whole banana =P

Marni said...

Nanners, peanut butter, and chocolate. Sounds like a religious experience to me. Nicely done. :)

Liz said...

Haha! I had no idea that desperate desserts were so popular!

Anonymous said...

anything with peanut butter and banana is delicious!