Saturday, January 3, 2009

Double Tomato Black Eyed Pea Soup

Today was a really great day.  I can't nail down any one particular thing that made it great, but combination of sleeping in, playing Risk with the family while eating popcorn and chocolate before noon, having lunch an awesome friend, and cooking for Mr. C (my new personal chef gig!) is making me happy.  The only stressful part of my day so far was when I gave my step-babies' momma and kids a ride home- Not stressful because of the company but because the slightly grey day turned into an icy sleety dark day really quickly.  But when I got home I found my Netflix movie waiting for me!

So right now I'm cooking for Mr. C.  I hope this works out okay.  It's always tricky cooking for someone else- especially when the person who hired you is not the person you are cooking for.  He insists he is just fine eating ramen noodles and canned food, but his friend thinks otherwise.  My strategy is to win him over with cookies, roasted apples, broccoli stir-fry, baked tofu (his fave), and some Double Tomato Black Eyed Pea Soup.  

I'm giong through a phase right now where I'm obsessed with roasted red peppers.  So far I've eaten some every day this year.  

I'm testing the recipe for this soup today to make sure I wrote things down right last time I made it.  I'll share soon.

8 comments:

beastmomma said...

I am glad that you had such a great day and I hope that Mr. C likes your cuisine. From the pictures and recipes you post, he would be a fool not to!

Anonymous said...

Im sure he'll like all the delish food!

Tara said...

The photo looks beautiful and I'm sure Mr. C will like your food--it always sounds so good!

Anonymous said...

ooo I love red peppers too! And the food dish looks amazing!

Anonymous said...

Please send Grammy the recipe for the double tomato black eyed pea soup. g'daddy loves both red peppers and tomatoes, so it would be a "natural" for him.

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

I'm glad you're going to share the recipe because it looks fabulous! Congrats on getting the job!

allularpunk said...

how exciting! let us know how mr. c likes all that vegan yumminess! i'm sure he'll love it :) that soup looks awesome, by the way. happy new year!

Erin said...

Congrats on landing the personal cheffing gig! I hope it continues to work well for both of you. The soup looks delicious, I think anyone would be happy to eat it.