Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Overnight

My newest love is to use my crockpot/slow cooker to cook soup or beans overnight.  Some folks like waking up to oatmeal cooking in the slow cooker, but I prefer spicy black beans.  Seriously, when I know there are hot beans and toasted homemade bread slathered with Earth Balance in my immediate future, I get out of bed with a pep in my step.

Sadly, I don't have any pictures or recipes for you because I've just been throwing some soaked beans, cumin, tomatoes, onion, greens, etc. into the pot and then going to bed.  Plus, beans on toast isn't that pretty to look at so you might not want pictures.

But really, you should try this.  It's the most satisfying and hearty breakfast ever.  

1 comment:

Jen said...

It would be a great fresh start to breakfast instead of cereal or frozen waffles especially in the winter to try this out. I think I will give it a try.