And now, after nearly 200 posts and 10,810 unique visitors (28,366 pageviews), I'm still sitting here in my kitchen nook, staring at my computer and typing away about food and gardening.
I must say, I didn't really expect to feel like I had friends online because of this little blog. And I didn't expect to truly enjoy writing about my food-related thoughts so much. But there really is a rich online food blogging community and I love having a small part in it.
I really hoped to hit my 200th post on this day, but I've spent the last few days doing nothing but watching CSI NY marathons, knitting, and eating ice cream. I'm in my moon lodge now (as my yoga teacher would say) and not really up for big cooking projects.
So here's a list of my favorite moon lodge comforts:
- Coconut Craze Purely Decadent soy ice cream
- Whole Grain Milling Co. organic yellow corn chips with homemade salsa
- Anything that involves frozen peanut butter
- Carrots with ranch dressing (made with Veganaise)
- Super spicy-gingery dahl
- Buckets of homemade hummus
- Pickles, olives, and other salty treats that contribute to bloating
- Brownies, cupcakes, and straight up frosting
- Popcorn with tons of flax oil and nutritional yeast
- My massage chair
- Tiger Balm
- Seriously warm socks
- TV marathons of any type, but preferably some sort of CSI/Law and Order show
- Sweeties that will bring me more chips and ice cream when I need them
- Cramp bark, Vitamin B6, and borage oil
- Hot water bottles, hot tea, and snuggly kittens
I'll feel better soon (like tomorrow morning, hopefully) and then I'll go to work again and get started on the case of roma tomatoes sitting in my kitchen waiting to become tomato sauce.
For now, though, I'll relish this do-nothing-ness that happens once a month.