Here's what I did yesterday:
- I marinated some tofu overnight in wine, tomato paste, garlic and Italian herbs.
- I cut the broccoli and mixed up a lemon, Earth Balance and salt sauce.
- I mixed up the "No-fredo" sauce for the pasta (I added a cornstarch slurry to thicken it- Thought it was a bit thin prepared according to the recipe).
So tonight all that was left was:
- Put the tofu in the oven to bake.
- Steam the broccoli over the boiling water for the pasta, cook the pasta.
- Heat the sauce.
- Pour lemon-butter sauce on broccoli and no-fredo sauce on pasta.
Super easy! I didn't even have to get out my cutting board. I wish I had photos, but after this little bit of off-the-couch-effort, I was pretty beat. The kids kept saying, "Are you sure you don't want to take a picture of this?" I think another night of rest and I'll be back in business.