Thursday, November 26, 2009

Best Rice Dish Ever

Thanksgiving Day is a little weird at our house because we never celebrate on that day.  Our celebration is on Friday.  But I still wanted to cook something special, even if it was just for myself!



So I cooked up the Fennel Breakfast Risotto from Vegan Brunch.  I used roasted red peppers instead of fresh and added artichoke hearts to it.  I didn't change anything else about the recipe, though (pretty unusual for me).  And now that I've tasted it- I'm so glad I didn't change a thing.  It is totally amazing.  I ate this for every meal today.

I got a good amount of food prepped today for our gathering tomorrow.  Tomorrow I'll finish typing up some recipes for ya'll.  Here's what's on the menu so far:

Assorted pickled vegetables (beets, asparagus, green beans)

Cornbread Dressing
Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Spinach Casserole
Cranberry-Ginger Preserves
Caramelized Onion-Miso Gravy
Pumpkin Pie
Chocolate Bundt Cake


I can't wait!

2 comments:

Catherine Weber said...

If I hadn't already eaten myself sick today, I'd be knocking on your door tomorrow! (Tragedy! No pumpkin pie today! Must make one!)

The Voracious Vegan said...

Oooh I believe you when you say that is the best rice dish ever! That photo is so creamy dreamy I don't even know what to say...