Six reasons why a lassi is a rockin' good drink for everyone
1. You don't need much fruit- Even a 1/2 a mango or a couple of berries is enough.
2. Out of milk? No problem. Water is traditionally used in this smoothie.
3. Avoiding sugar? Use unsweetened yogurt and just a smidge of agave nectar or stevia to sweeten it.
4. No time? Ha. A lassi takes about 30 seconds to make.
5. Don't really like yogurt? Tough. It's good for you and tastes awesome.
6. Can't use soy or dairy yogurt? Use coconut milk yogurt! Yum!
Mango lassis are a staple in this house, especially in the last few weeks when mangos have been amazing and on sale. But the organic Mexico-grown strawberries have been usually sweet and flavorful for this time of year (and on sale), so I picked some up. Here's how I like to use them:
Strawberry Rose Lassi
1/2 cup plain, unsweetened non-dairy yogurt (Wildwood plain is my fave)
4-5 de-stemmed strawberries
1 cup unsweetened almond milk or water
1 tsp. rose water
a drizzle of agave nectar
Blend. Taste. Adjust rose water or agave nectar if needed. A pinch of cardamom is super good in here, too!