Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Garden

You've all been waiting in suspense, right?  Just dying to know how the garden turned out?  Well, here she is!

I'm really happy with the results.  I fit all of my transplants into the space and re-seeded the kale, beans, collards, radishes, beets, carrots, and basil.  All of the transplants survived the trauma!  

I barely survived, though.  I've never been so sore or exhausted!  But I felt pretty freakin' hardcore using the power drill by the time I was done.  


Here's one of the lovely heirloom tomatoes that is thriving in the lead-free soil.  I believe this variety is called "Box Car Willie".
I was thrilled to see the first ripening strawberry out in the berry patch today!  It won't be too long before we're bringing in tons of berries!  Okay, maybe not tons...



I just love strawberry flowers.  If it didn't mean killing potential strawberries, I think I'd pick these and put them in a vase.

The peonies are budding and getting ready to burst open.  All the ants are loving them!








7 comments:

Amy P. said...

WOW, Liz! That is amazing and so impressive that you and your guy built all of that! It looks like a ton of work. Congratulations on getting it all done so quickly.

Catherine Weber said...

HOORAY! And now, not only will you have lead-free homegrown veggies, you won't have to bend over as far to weed!

That strawberry looks yummy already.

Amy said...

I'm so behind in my comments. You've been SO busy since I was last here!! Your new garden beds look amazing! You've done a fabulous job. Congratulations!

Lisa -- Cravin' Veggies said...

They look fantastic! Congratulations and good luck!! I hope everything grows well for you... you certainly put a lot of work into it!!!

Unknown said...

i love your garden!

and i totally agree that strawberry flowers are the prettiest flowers. some of mine are ripening as well & i am super excited to eat them!

Crystal said...

Oooh...those ants!! My mom gives me peonies (so gorgeous and great smelling), but I have to watch out for those sneaky ants. Hee hee.

Jess said...

I really miss Minnesota :(