Monday, March 30, 2009

Miscellaneous Dinners

I have to confess that I haven't been planning my meals very much lately.  I've just been grabbing whatever is easy and sounds good at the moment.  Like this meal:

This salad is composed of leftover coleslaw, leftover Soycurlz "chicken" salad, and lettuce.  The plate has WW crackers, Cheezely sharp cheddar, dried cherries, and dilly beans.  Yum!

Friday night I was making some roasted veggies but wanted something a little different.  So I gave them an Indian twist.  I coated the cauliflower, carrots, and onions in cumin, coriander, fresh ginger, mustard seeds and olive oil.  The tofu was baked plain and then tossed with a mixture of curry paste, flax oil, leftover salsa and peach chutney.  It all turned out surprisingly good.  I also had a bit of peach chutney and super spicy raita on the side.  
And lastly, here's Trouble's latest hide-out.  Whatever keeps her clean, right?

6 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmm I love the cauliflower dish!

And Trouble's hide out. Dishwasher kitty :D

Anonymous said...

yummyyyy the meal looks delicious!!!!
Aww, Trouble's new hiding spot is awesome:] hahaha

Virginia said...

kitty in the wash!

love the indian inspired roasted veggies!

allularpunk said...

kitty in the dishwasher! !!!

your on the spot meals look great. we've been eating like that around here lately too. i think it's the weather or something haha...

Eileen said...

wow, that cauliflower and tofu sounds just about perfect. cauliflower is way underrated!

did you can your own dilly beans? signs point to yes--but how? I would definitely be into hearing about home canning come actual harvest season!

aTxVegn said...

I love curried cauliflower. Does kitty know it gets wet in the dishwasher?