Anyone who knows me very well knows I am obsessed with surveys. Any types of surveys. The highlight of 2007 was when our house was selected for the U.S. Census- the mother of all surveys! I also enjoy product registrations, MySpace surveys, and telephone polls.
Given the success of my last food survey, I think there are plenty of food bloggers who love surveys, too. This one from November traveled all over the vegan blogger community- Just about every blog I went to had a link to this one!
So I figure it's high time for another.
Below are my answers- you just need to copy, paste, and fill in your own answers on your blog.
1. If you have to choose between locally grown or organic, which do you usually choose?
Local, as long as I'm confident the farmer used sustainable methods
2. Favorite way to prepare potatoes:
Right now- baked potatoes rubbed with kosher salt and rocking my world
3. Do you press your tofu before preparing/cooking it (if you eat soy)?
Never. I'm too lazy.
4. Name your favorite recipe that is a tradition in your family:
Spinach casserole- But I haven't had it in ages. It desperately needs to be veganized.
5. Any food allergies?
Nope, but my partner doesn't eat wheat so I've cut down.
6. When you want to go to a fancy dinner, where do you go?
Tanpopo Noodle Shop is awesome and can feel fancy if you want it to.
7. When you have a cold, what do you crave?
Lemon, garlic and cayenne soup or Seitan and Dumplings
8. What kind of water do you drink? (Filtered, spring, tap, etc.)
culligan filtered water
9. Name a flavor of soda you'd love to see:
10. If the recipes you ate as a child were compiled into a cookbook, what would the title be?
11. If you were allowed to grow one food that can't grow in your climate, what would it be?
Satsuma mandarin oranges in my backyard!
12. Favorite type of mushroom?
Hen of the woods
13. Most frustrating part of your kitchen?
my oven smells really funny and is about 75 degrees off from the dial
14. Last food you burned?
Spices for a soup
15. Usual response to a veg*n's favorite question, "But where do you get your protein?":
Beans, grains, nuts, and seeds
16. If you were baking your own birthday cake today, what flavor would it be?
17. Favorite brand of chocolate chips?
Tropical Source, by far.
18. You have $200 of your tax return reserved for Williams Sonoma- What do you buy?
probably a Le Crueset pan
19. Do you plan your menus in advance? Any tips to share?
Not too much, I tend to go by daily cravings
20. You have 3 minutes before you have to leave the house and you're starving- What do you eat?
Peanut butter on toast or pretzels
21. If Martha Stewart, Paula Deen, and Rachel Ray got into a fight, who would win and how?
Paula would pour melted butter over the floor and Rachel and Martha would slip and fall.
22. If you eat oatmeal, what do you add to it before serving?
Peanut butter, maple syrup, cinnamon, and salt
23. If you got to travel to one country and learn all the traditional dishes there, where would you go (ignore commitments in your current place of residence)?
24. Favorite late night snack?
Popcorn or ramen-style noodles
25. Favorite springtime food?
26. Favorite food-related magazine?
Cook's Illustrated is the most educational
27. Which do you prefer: shoyu, tamari, conventional soy sauce, or Bragg's Aminos?
28. What vegetable or fruit do you dislike the most?
any kind of melon- I can tolerate cucumbers
29. Name a holiday food you look forward to all year long:
Stuffing- I'm not sure why I don't make it more often
30. If you could convert anyone to veganism with your magic wand, who would you convert?
Barak Obama- then he'd be perfect
It's fun to read everyone's answers, so copy this info along with the questions:
*After answering the questions in a blog post, comment at Food Snobbery is My Hobbery with a link to your blog.