Saturday, December 22, 2007

Food From Texas


On Wednesday evening I surprised my parents and brother with their Christmas present: Me! I figured that they would like to have us all together more than any other thing I could buy. Plus, I missed them.

Here are some of the more interesting things that we've eaten (Besides, of course, my visit to The Spiral Diner in Fort Worth. Pictures of that will come later).

I made my Butterbean and Rutabaga Soup for my mom and put together a salad that included roasted red peppers, pickled carrots, and apples.

At Central Market I found VEGAN EGG ROLLS. That's right. Not spring rolls that are fried. Real live egg rolls, minus the eggs. They were so unbelievably good! The company that makes them is based in Houston, but they have a website.















I've also eaten chips and salsa at least once every day for the last 3 days.

1 comment:

Vegan_Noodle said...

I love those Banyan egg rolls (I'm down in Houston). You should try the chipolte and curry flavors as well! I'll look forward to your review of spiral diner...I'm trying to decide if it's worth the drive to eat there!