Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Food preserver training starts tomorrow...

Today was a full day!
I attended an awesome workshop on Victory Gardens at the Institute for Agriculture and Trade Policy this morning that was super inspiring. There are so many people working hard in the Twin Cities and across the country to promote gardening and local foods- it was a great place to network. Then I finished up a bunch of stuff at work and headed up to Ashland, Wisconsin for my Master Food Preserver and Food Safety Volunteer training.

Before doing anything else, I stopped off at the Chequamegon Food Co-op for a few snacks and had awesome vegan Greek pizza at the Black Cat Cafe next door. I will definitely be back there again!

This is the lovely view of Lake Superior from my hotel room.
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool stuff.... I could certainly stand to learn more about food preserving, too. It would be great if you could share what you've learned at some point. :)