Sunday, January 20, 2008

A Sunday Afternoon Couch Fiesta

I've been wanting to make tamales for a few months now, but somehow it just hasn't happened until today. I had leftover black beans and leftover tempeh & mushrooms that needed to be used up, so that became the filling. To get some veggies in, I used up some leftover agave mustard dressing with shredded cabbage, carrots, and cilantro to make a side of slaw. Of course, it wouldn't be a fiesta without chips and guacamole. This time I threw some pickled jalapenos in the guac and it gave a really nice flavor and plenty of heat.
Here's all the tamales waiting to be steamed:

A close-up:
And the whole (first) plate:
For dessert we had vanilla-maple lattes. Mine had whipped cream!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never tried tamales, but they look great!

Sarah said...

A couch fiesta? I love it! Those tamales look really tasty. And maple vanilla latte?!? Yum!