Saturday, January 5, 2008

Bread and Jam

If I told you that today I ate some bread and jelly (and you know me pretty well), you might picture this:
Me, settled on the couch eating slices of freshly baked baguette with vegan cream cheese and a locally made artisan jalapeƱo jelly, and sipping a white tea with lemongrass.


Or- if you know me really well, you might picture this:
Me slouched in the driver's seat of my car, waiting in line for the car wash that I got free for paying almost $200 in car repairs last week, ripping off hunks of white bread to dip into some jelly I happened to have in my purse that day because I'm totally famished.


Both of these are true. You know me too well.

3 comments:

Tofu Mom (AKA Tofu-n-Sprouts) said...

"Me slouched in the driver's seat of my car, waiting in line for the car wash that I got free for paying almost $200 in car repairs last week, ripping off hunks of white bread to dip into some jelly I happened to have in my purse that day because I'm totally famished."

I would picture this scenario because it sounds way W-A-Y too familiar...

Hope all is well!

Liz said...

Too funny! I can relate also relate...

Jenni (aka Vegyogini) said...

I've never had jalapeno jelly, but I think I'd like to try it!