Not everyone is going to like this snack. And even fewer are going to eat it for breakfast like I prefer to do. But I figure I'd better share this because it's crazy simple and really good for you, too.
Kimchi and Tahini on Crackers
Take 1 very sturdy (that's code for break-your-teeth-hard) whole grain cracker, such as Dr. Kracker or Wasa. Spread generously with tahini (that's sesame butter) and top with spicy kimchi (that's Korean-style fermented cabbage). Enjoy. Then make another because it's so damn good.
I love this snack/breakfast because:
1. It's crunchy, savory and creamy all in one.
2. Dr. Kracker flatbreads are from Texas, like me.
3. It's an excuse to eat kimchi for breakfast.
4. Slathering tahini on anything makes me think of the Seward Cafe.
5. The "Seedlander" variety of Dr. Kracker reminds me of Zoolander.
5. It's more exciting than toast. And I LOVE toast.