Friday, April 10, 2009

Some Spring Cleaning

I went on a little cleaning spree this past weekend...in the freezer.  I keep a pretty good inventory of what's in the fridge, but the freezer is uncharted territory.  Our freezer is a chest style freezer because our fridge is 100% fridge.  So when you put something down into the freezer, it is instantly lost.  

I found some wild things in the freezer that I didn't even remember I had.  Like fake shrimp that was a sample product from the co-op...a couple of years ago.  And popsicles.  And a gallon of local strawberries I forgot about.  And a gallon of mulberries.  And ice cream.  

Ice cream wouldn't be that surprising except that Mike and I were just lamenting about not having any ice cream!

And it wasn't just one tub.


Clearly we have a problem.  

So I've instituted the freezer inventory list, just like the refrigerator has.  Nothing goes in without going on the list!  I've got to use all those berries, and cauliflower, and green peppers, and pesto, and jalapenos, and ICE CREAM!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Hmmm this sounds like the beggining of an interesting recipe...!

Trista Hill said...

I would love to have this problem!!

Mark said...

that's a really good idea! Keeping an inventory list, that is.

Amy said...

I should do this too! My freezer is permanently full of UFO's (unidentifiable frozen objects :P). And I hate to throw stuff out because I forgot I put it in there!

The Voracious Vegan said...

SHUT.UP. I am so jealous. There is no vegan ice cream in Bahrain or Saudi so I am permanently having to make my own out of chocolate and bananas. Not bad, but still not the creamy, gooey, awesome perfection of So Delicious.

Catherine Weber said...

I kind of wish my freezer would produce that much ice cream seemingly all on its own!

My mom has one of those big freezers, and she has a "list," too. She also has the freezer organized into zones, and uses baskets to help keep things seperate.

Ricki said...

What a great find! That must be one mega freezer, if you didn't see all those cartons! ;)

aTxVegn said...

That's better than finding a $20 bill in your coat pocket!

Liz Ranger (Bubble Tea for Dinner) said...

woah, I'm coming to your house... bearing sprinkles and cake and cherries and some fancy looking sundae dishes. :D amazing haul!