Thursday, May 8, 2008

Scattergories Snacks

Last night we hosted a game night in honor of one of our most favorite work friends- She's moving away to Fargo and will be dearly missed around the co-op and at our game nights. I mean, sometimes the only people who show up at our game nights are her and Mike's best friend!

Unfortunately, she was very ill yesterday and couldn't come to the party...so we mourned the loss of our Sophia over a Mediterranean inspired spread:
Garlicky hummus with carrrot sticks, spicy Tunisian olive mix, green olives with herbes de Provence, and Deglet dates.
Stuffed grape leaves (Dolmades) with lots of extra dill ad lemon, just the way I like them.

And peanut butter chocolate cookies...I know...not fitting with the Mediterranean theme. I tried, though.

I made Pistachio Rosewater Cookies from VCon, but adapted them to be gluten free, oily, sugary, masses. I must have measured something wrong, because my (so far) fool proof method of GF cookie making has failed me. They are hard as solid burnt sugar on the bottom and leave behind oil stains on anything they touch. The flavor is great, though. And the dog knocked them off the counter this morning and ate through the plastic bag to get to about 3 of them. So they can't be that bad, right?

3 comments:

Erin said...

Nice party spread! You've got me wanting to host game nights. Unfortunately most of my friends aren't as crazy about board games as I am.

Sarah said...

So sad that she couldn't make it! I guess I don't feel so bad about not being there. Everything looks fabulous as usual. I can imagine coming home with grease stains on my pants and a tummy full of dolmades.

VegetariRun said...

Hi Liz! I've been stalking your blog for awhile, but haven't commented before. Could you mention what your (generally) foolproof method is to make GF cookies from a "regular" cookie recipe? Sorry if you talked about this in a previous post and I missed it :(

Thanks! Always love your recipes...
~Annette