Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sunday Morning Indulgence

I like to make myself a little treat on Sunday mornings, when everything is quiet in the house. I promise I don't usually eat ice cream for breakfast (really!).

I don't have measurements or a real recipe for this treat, because you shouldn't have to think on Sunday mornings.  So here's a pictorial:

Pull out your French press and add a spoonful or so of cocoa powder and lots more spoonsful of coarse ground coffee.  I use decaf and still get a buzz, but use whatever you want.    

Add boiling water and let sit for a while.  Not sure how long.  You shouldn't have to use timers on Sunday morning.  

This is the best part.  Now scoop a little scoop of vanilla ice cream into a glass or mug and pour the cocoa coffee over it.  Enjoy and then try to talk yourself out of a second cup.

4 comments:

Catherine Weber said...

Liz, this sounds SOOOOOOO good! I might have to make myself some -- have some iced coffee in my fridge right now . . . do I dare???? ;)

radioactivegan said...

You might be a genius. I need to buy a french press for this exact purpose.

Thriftanista in the City said...

I think I will indulge on Monday...

Anonymous said...

Glad to know that I am not the only person who loves her morning cup of decaf, lol! At work everyone makes fun of me for making it first thing as if since there is no caffeine I don't really "need" it...

Courtney