Thursday, August 19, 2010

Shameless Self Promotion

Here's a bit of advertising for some upcoming classes and events where I'll be talking in the next couple weeks.  It's a busy time of year!!!  I think I included links and info about registration...Just holler if I left out any important information!

Dishing up Nutrition radio show
The lovely folks at Nutritional Weight and Wellness asked me to be on their radio program to talk about organic, local, fair trade, free range, grass fed and natural foods- There's a lot of terms out there and knowing what labels you can trust is tricky.  You can listen at FM107.1 at 8-9 am on Saturday, 8/21 or on 6-7pm on Sunday, 8/22.  Or check out the podcast at the link above.

Pickling Class
I'll be covering how to can a couple styles of vegetable pickles and give tips for preserving crispness and not poisoning your family with botulism.  @Mississippi Market Co-op on Saturday, 8/21 from 1-3pm.  Cost is $18 or $15 for co-op members.  Call 651-690-0507 to register.

Canning Basics Class
All the basics to get you started canning safely!  Wednesday, August 25, 6 to 8 pm @ Valley Natural Foods, 13750 Cty Rd. 11, Burnsville, MN 55337.  Cost is $10 members/$12 nonmember for each class with registration required. For information and to register, call 952-891-1212, #239.


State Fair Classes
Two classes on 8/27 on the Sustainability Stage in the Eco Experience building.  At 4:30 I'll be teaching "Preserving the local harvest" (short version of canning basics) and at 6:00 I'll talk about "Shopping local and organic on a budget".    No registration needed- just stop by!


Hot and Spicy Preserving Class
Chile ristras, 2 kinds of hot sauce and Moroccan harissa!  Be prepared to sweat! Saturday, 8/28 from 10 am-12 @ Mississippi Market Co-op .  Cost is $18 or $15 for co-op members.  Call 651-690-0507 to register.


Pickling, Poetry and Potluck
Pickling workshop on Sunday, 8/29 @ Chakra Khan in the Ivy Building for the Arts (2637 27th Ave S #216B  MPLS  55406).  I'll cover the basics about canning/pickling and then we'll make some pickles together!  Plus, there'll be poems and artwork inspired by love for your CSA (community supported agriculture).  Cost is  $15.  Email CSAlove@juliekesti.com for registration info.  


Great Green Gathering
I'll be speaking about food preservation here (big surprise, huh?).  The Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondolet are rockin' ladies and they're hosting a Great Green Gathering on Saturday, 8/28 from 1:30-4pm.  Should be a good time and it's free!


Canning Basics Class
All the basics to get you started canning safely!  Tuesday, 8/31 from 6-8pm @ Mississippi Market Co-op.  Cost is $15 or $12 for co-op members.  Call 651-690-0507 to register.  (This class was added because the previous sessions filled, so you won't see it listed on the fliers or newsletter.)


More State Fair Classes
Two classes on 9/4 on the Sustainability Stage in the Eco Experience building.  At 4:30 I'll talk about "Shopping local and organic on a budget" and at 6:00 I'll be teaching "Preserving the local harvest" (short version of canning basics) No registration needed- just stop by!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow--you are going to be busy! I will definitely listen you your radio show this weekend, but I wish I had known about the pickling class yesterday--I would love to attend but made plans that afternoon. Darn! I really want to learn more about canning, though, so hopefully I can get to one of your classes soon!

Courtney