Monday, October 20, 2008

PB Sliders?

I didn't have time to bake any bread on Sunday and don't want to break my "no buying any bread that I could bake at home" streak.  So tonight I whipped up my favorite Sunflower Seed Rolls from the Moosewood New Classics cookbook.  I love these because they only have to rise once and only for aboout 40 minutes.  If you have this book, look for the "Three Seed Rolls" recipe.  I just left out the other 2 seeds.   They bake up in about 12 minutes- Super quick!

So the boys will have little sunflower seed rolls with peanut butter and homemade jam in their lunches tomorrow.  I think I'll call them PB sliders because they look like mini burger buns!

7 comments:

Virginia said...

so cute!!!

miss v said...

i have that cookbook - i'll give these a try. super cute pic.

Anonymous said...

Awww they are so cute! Your kids will have the coolest lunch ever:D

jessy said...

they would make perfect sliders! i love it! they're adorable, too! i'm totally going to have to check out this recipe - mmmmmmmmmm! once we started making our own bread we just can't buy the store-bought stuff anymore. we're like you - why buy it when you can just make it yourself?! yay!

Anonymous said...

I love that they only have to rise once. That's the kind of bread I want to bake!

Looks great!

Anonymous said...

That bread rocks! I can't wait to start baking bread, anyday now!

allularpunk said...

what a great idea! and i love that you have a streak going of not buying bread. i did that for awhile, but recently slacked off... i'm gonna have to start back up again!