Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sicky Yuck Yuck

The past few days have included a lovely assortment of cold and sinus symptoms, cramps/PMS, and pink eye. Lovely.

And I had to get pink eye the week I had 3 separate talks planned for parents/children. The group on Monday night agreed to risk it, but the ECFE groups wisely rescheduled. Smart move since by the time I woke up this morning my eye was swollen shut and I looked REALLY scary.

Luckily, I don't have a ton of other work planned this week and have plenty of sick time. But really, I have a tough time staying home. I either need to be
A: Busy with a "to do" list in hand, cooking dinner, and doing laundry while fielding questions from work OR
B: Sprawled out on the couch with a rootbeer and popcorn and hours of Netfix

There is no in between.

So when I'm sick I vacillate between sleeping/relaxing and attempting to accomplish any number of tasks- and really, I suck at both of these when I'm sick.

Except maybe tonight's dinner.

These are Mary Frances' Light and Fluffy Gluten Free Biscuits with some tempeh sausage, kale, and white bean gravy. I didn't write down measurements or ingredients for any of this, but it was darn good. I did, much to Mike's delight, accidentally add too much salt to the gravy. It was way too much for me and I love salt. But I think I can just thin out the leftover gravy to remedy the situation.

Now I'm off to do another turmeric and fennel eye compress. Hopefully, I'll wake up tomorrow miraculously cured.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope you feel better!

Alicia said...

I don't know how to be sick neither... I never stay in bed! I crawl to the couch and spend my days there.
I hope you feel better soon!

Unknown said...

Ohh, hope you feel better soon! Being sick is no fun.

I know how you feel. I want to take advantage of being home and get things done but I usually end up never leaving the couch.

Those gluten free biscuits look yummy! Such a mouth watering combo of biscuits, tempeh sausage, kale and white bean gravy...YUMM indeed!

Lindsay (Happy Herbivore) said...

that is one of my favorite "comfort" dishes -- FEEL BETTER SOON

Erin said...

It definitely sucks to be sick for those of us who can't seem to sit still. Hopefully that meal cheered you up and you'll be all better soon, it looks delicious.