Saturday, April 30, 2011

Serious Vegetables



It's time for some serious vegetables.  For the past 2 weeks I've tried to only purchase fresh foods from the co-op.  I'm king of doing a pantry challenge, but instead of NO grocery shopping, I'm buying plenty of fruits and vegetables to pair with my various pantry items that need to get cleared out.

One of my current vegetable loves are the new microgreens from Finally Farms in Minnesota.  I really enjoyed this micro arugula with a little lemon and olive oil, but it really doesn't even need any dressing!  In the background there is a broccoli, mushroom and tofu scramble.


Here's the easiest make-ahead salad ever.  I cooked up a huge pot of quinoa and used about half in a salad and reserved half for other meals during the week. For the salad I added chopped up cucumber, carrot, parsley, basil and onion to the quinoa and dressed it with a lemon and olive oil vinaigrette.  So simple and so good.  We had this for dinner one night and brought it in our lunch boxes, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The cucumber, carrot, parsley, and basil combo sounds fabulous! What a lovely fresh tasting meal :-)

Courtney