Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Everything is wonderful

Is it odd that I am so ecstatic about my new pressure cooker? I feel like it has opened new doors for me. Doors that were previously shut due to time constraints, cheapness of canned beans, and {mostly} laziness.

I cooked chickpeas in 8 minutes. I cooked black beans in 4. Now I just put some black eyed peas on to cook...AND SHUT THEM OFF TWO MINUTES LATER!!! This is too good to be true. Why doesn't everyone use a pressure cooker? Why am I just now getting one?!!??
And I haven't even tried cooking grains yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--those cooking times are very impressive! I still don't have a pressure cooker...what brand do you have? Do you find it easy to use? I have been thinking about getting one for a while, but haven't wanted to "waste" the money. You make it sound worth it, though!

Courtney

Jacqueline Meldrum said...

I am a bit scared of them, but after reading 3 posts about them on different blogs, I am starting to think they may be a good thing! My only problem is a space or lack of it, issue!

Janine Serresseque said...

Would not want to live without my pressure cooker! And the dried legumes are so much better for you without all that salt.