Sunday, October 14, 2007

A Rainbow of a Meal

After eating chocolate cake, rhubarb/mulberry pie, Portobello Florentine from Pizza Luce, Spicy Garlic Mock Duck from Vina, and Deluxe Biscuits and Gravy from the Seward all in 2 days, I was ready for either a juice fast or a really healthy meal. I opted for the healthy meal.
I cooked brown rice and cannellini beans. I seasoned the cannellini beans with fresh squeezed orange juice and zest, cumin, and chili powder. I unearthed MORE of last year's kale in the freezer and sauteed a gallon baggie's worth with garlic gomasio and Bragg's. I baked tofu with the same OJ, cumin, and chili powder that the beans got. And then I steamed beets over the beans and ended up with pink/orange beans. The sauce on the beets is more OJ, cumin, and chili powder with tahini. We all loved it, although the kids had to douse their beets in Bragg's to eat them, and I knew Mike wouldn't eat his beets (More for me!!!)
It's definitely the most colorful meal I've made in a while.

No comments: